Programme At a Glance
Day 1 (10 December 2022)
Target Audience : Healthcare Professionals, Laboratory scientist, Students, Trainees
Session 1: Genetic Counselling in the era of precision medicine
- Preparing the counselling workforce for the genomic wave
- Overview of genetic counselling services in the region
- Forum: Integrating genetic counselling in patient care to ensure responsible use of genetic profiling
Session 2: Genetic testing now and in future
- Genetic profiling: from diagnosis to risk prediction
- Whole genome sequencing: who wants to know?
- Ethical, social and psychological impact of direct-to-consumer genetic testing
Debate : Genetic profiling creates more societal harm than good
Session 3: Diagnosis and Genetic Counselling for Rare disease
- Updated approach in the diagnostic odyssey of rare diseases
- Providing support for patients and their family members: a genetic counsellor’s role
- Treatable inherited conditions re- visited (Sponsored symposium by Novartis)
- Genomic sequencing as the first-line diagnostic testing: impact on clinical management for rare genetic disorders (Sponsored symposium by 3billion)
- Q&A and case study discussions
Session 4: Utility of cancer genetic testing
- Genetic profiling for cancer treatment decision making
- Updates on Genetic counselling and testing for hereditary breast, ovarian, prostate and pancreatic cancer
- Updates on Genetic counselling and testing for colorectal cancer
- Comprehensive genomic profiling – a new paradigm in oncology (Sponsored symposium by AGTC Genomics)
- Q&A and case studies discussion
Session 5: Genetic Counselling Challenges in Reproductive genetics
- Prenatal Genetic Testing
- Genetic counselling for Preimplantation Genetic Testing and Carrier Screening
- Q&A and Case studies discussion
Day 2 (11 December 2022)
Target Audience: Public, Support Groups, Patient
- Introduction to genetic counselling
- What can a genetic test tell me?
- Carrier screening and newborn screening – What can these tests tell me?
- Dilemma in prenatal genetic testing
- Can genetic testing tell me my risk of cancer?
- Forum: Genetic counselling for all (Clinical Geneticist, Genetic Counsellors, Advocacy & Patient Support Groups)
- Question and Answer Sessions
Click on the logo to know more about the exhibitors.